Based in Gliwice, Poland
28 July, 2017
The protagonist is a young wizard traveling in time to protect the Realm of Men from the destructive enemy forces. During the adventure, the player visits different lands and faces varying opponents in a high fantasy world. Spell casting in The Wizards is based on the energy of the four elements, and the key to the victory is adapting your tactics to the flow of the battle.
The game is exclusive to VR and uses all the best the technology has to offer. Players can weave spells with their hands using motion controllers, which provides a completely immersive experience in the magical world. With the powerful Unreal Engine 4, the creators want to build a rich and beautiful fantasy world full of stunning visuals.
The Wizards introduces Fate Cards - gameplay modifiers that can change game difficulty and rules to the player's liking. Fate Cards increase replayability and accessibility, which makes the game satisfying for both challenge seekers and casual connoisseurs. In the Campaign mode, the player gains access to increasingly powerful spells that require cunning and skills to master.
Early AccessCarbon Studio decided to release The Wizards on the Early Access to make sure that all the provided solutions and features are fun to play, add to the immersion and meet players' expectations. The developers are also open to players’ ideas and suggestions for future updates of the content. The Wizards will stay in the Early Access for not longer than 5-6 months.
Features available on the Early Access release:- Story mode with two Regions divided into stages and many additional locations
- Six basic spells with upgrades for each spell
- Fate Cards that allow players to modify the rules of the game and gain more points
- Online leaderboard that allows players to compete with high scores
Features planed for Early Access updates:- New Regions - two exciting story chapters featuring new challenges and enemy types
- Arcade Mode - endless arena battles for those who never get enough of spell fighting
- Master Enchantments - six new powerful spell upgrades for ultimate wizardry
- New Fate Cards - additional set of modifiers that let players experience completely new battles
The Wizards is the second VR game by Carbon Studio from Gliwice, Poland. The first title, ALICE VR, had its premiere in October 2016 on Steam and GOG.com. The idea behind The Wizards was conceived during VR Funhouse Game Jam, organized by the Epic Games and NVIDIA. During the event, a team from the Carbon Studio created a prototype of a spellcasting game that uses motion controllers. The goal of the game was to defend a land from oncoming hordes of enemies. This basic mechanic, combined with character development and the Fate Cards system, is the core of The Wizards.
- First-person VR spellcaster set in the fantasy world
- Story mode featuring time travels and heroic battles
- Intuitive spell casting with motion tracked controllers
- Various elemental spells to learn and upgrade
- High replayability thanks to game-modifying Fate Cards
- Immersive fantasy world built in Unreal Engine 4
The Wizards Launch Trailer YouTube
The Wizards Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best VR Game Award" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Game Art Nominee" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Game Narrative Nominee" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Gameplay Nominee" Game Access Brno, 6 May, 2017
Join The Wizards newsletter
No spam, only milestones: thewizardsgame.com
Our 3D models gallery on Sketchfab.com
Youtubers and Streamers
Request a Steam key via: keymailer.co
About Carbon Studio
Carbon Studio is an independent studio creating videogames and apps for PC and mobile platforms, exploring the possibilities of Virtual Reality technology.
More information on Carbon Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Business Development Manager, Founder
Project Manager, Founder