Based in Gliwice, Poland
Key Features:- Action-adventure VR spellcaster set in a rich fantasy world
- Story campaign featuring time travel, heroic battles, and dragons
- Intuitive and immersive spell casting with hand gestures
- Six element-based spells to learn and upgrade
- High replayability thanks to game-modifying Fate Cards
- Arena mode with challenging battles on the arenas
- Free movement and teleportation-based exploration
Features added on the full release:- Completed story with new stages and cutscenes
- Master Enchantments for all the spells
- Dynamic lighting from all the spells and improved performance
- New battle arena and a Fate Card
- Steam Achievements
Other features added during Early Access:- Free movement and free teleportation locomotion
- Shrike's Desert - new region, spells, and enemies
- Arena Mode - endless battles on two arenas
- NVIDIA VRWorks integration
- Left-handed mode
Free LocomotionSix weeks after the early release, Carbon Studio introduced a Free Locomotion Update. This update introduced new ways to explore the world in place of the old scheme, allowing players to choose between free movement and free teleportation to any flat surface in reach. In addition to the new movement types, the update featured new map areas, item pick-ups, and new interactive world elements, crafted to encourage and reward thorough exploration.
Arena ModeIn November, Carbon Studio introduced the second major update - Arena Mode. It invited players to assail endless hordes of enemies on two brand new battle arenas and compete with other players on a global leaderboards. Along with brand new levels, Arena Mode introduces new hub, new enemy types, unique Fate Cards and a progress system independent to the campaign.
Fate CardsFate Cards are modifiers that can change game difficulty and rules to the player's liking. They increase replayability and accessibility, making the game satisfying for both challenge seekers and casual connoisseurs. Fate Cards modify score multiplier according to the game’s difficulty, allowing ambitious players to reach higher places on the leaderboards.
The Wizards is the second VR game by Carbon Studio from Gliwice, Poland. Game has been released on Steam Early Access on July 28th. Full release came after seven months - on March 8th. The idea behind The Wizards was conceived during VR Funhouse Game Jam, organized by the Epic Games and NVIDIA. During the event, a team from the Carbon Studio created a prototype of a spellcasting game that uses motion controllers. The goal of the game was to defend a land from oncoming hordes of enemies. This basic mechanic, combined with character development and the Fate Cards system, is the core of The Wizards.
The Wizards - Enhanced Edition Release Trailer YouTube
The Wizards - Enhanced Edition Announcement Trailer YouTube
Full Release Trailer YouTube
Mixed Reality Trailer YouTube
Shrike's Desert Trailer YouTube
Arena Mode Trailer YouTube
Free Locomotion Update Trailer YouTube
The Wizards Launch Trailer YouTube
The Wizards Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2nd Place Winner - Entertainment" Vive Developer Awards, 2018
- "Best VR Game Award" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Game Award" RESPAWN at Gamescom, 21 August, 2017
- "Best Game Art Nominee" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Game Narrative Nominee" Casual Connect Asia, 12 May, 2017
- "Best Gameplay Nominee" Game Access Brno, 6 May, 2017
Join The Wizards newsletter
No spam, only milestones: http:
About Carbon Studio
Carbon Studio is an independent studio creating videogames and apps for PC and mobile platforms, exploring the possibilities of Virtual Reality technology.
More information on Carbon Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Business Development Manager, Founder
Project Manager, Founder