The Wizards - Enhanced Edition
The Wizards is a VR spellcaster game set in a rich fantasy world, where you step into the shoes of a mighty sorcerer to defend the realm from evil hordes of monsters.
The game’s base mechanics rely on an immersive gesture-based spellcasting system. Conjuring magic requires natural hand movement, as opposed to having to memorize button combinations. The game is available for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive devices.
The Wizards received numerous nominations and awards, including (but not limited to) the best VR game at Casual Connect Indie Prize conference, Singapore 2017.
On March 12th 2019, a refreshed and updated version of the game was released, titled The Wizards – Enhanced Edition. Owners of The Wizards received the new version as a free update. At the same time, the game was released for Sony PlayStation 4 and PSVR.
The most important new aspects of The Wizards – Enhanced Edition are:
• All-new stage (the longest one in the game) and cinematic cutscenes that enrich the story campaign
• Convenient checkpoint system
• Refreshed immersive interface
• Glove colour customization option
• Improved game performance (optimization)
• Language support: English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (simplified)
• Official WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) support
“On the gamut of magic-based first-person action games, The Wizards is definitely one of the better ones. Its spell-casting system is interactive without being too cumbersome and the campaign mode packs a decent amount of content.”UploadVR
“What Carbon Studio has done is combine its knowledge from debut VR title Alice VR and the months of Early Access development and distilled it into The Wizards. If you want to feel like an all-powerful sorcerer then The Wizards is up there with the best, an entertaining adventure that will make non-VR players jealous.”VRFocus