- Release Date
March 8th, 2018
- Price on Release
English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese (simplified)
- Age Rating
About the Game
– Story campaign featuring time travel, heroic battles, and dragons
– Intuitive and immersive spell casting with hand gestures
– Six element-based spells to learn and upgrade
– High replayability thanks to game-modifying Fate Cards
– Arena mode with challenging battles on the arenas
– Free movement and teleportation-based exploration
Features added on the full release
– Completed story with new stages and cutscenes
– Master Enchantments for all the spells
– Dynamic lighting from all the spells and improved performance
– New battle arena and a Fate Card
– Steam Achievements
Other features added during Early Access
– Free movement and free teleportation locomotion
– Shrike’s Desert – new region, spells, and enemies
– Arena Mode – endless battles on two arenas
– NVIDIA VRWorks integration
– Left-handed mode
Six weeks after the early release, Carbon Studio introduced a Free Locomotion Update. This update introduced new ways to explore the world in place of the old scheme, allowing players to choose between free movement and free teleportation to any flat surface in reach. In addition to the new movement types, the update featured new map areas, item pick-ups, and new interactive world elements, crafted to encourage and reward thorough exploration.
In November, Carbon Studio introduced the second major update – Arena Mode. It invited players to assail endless hordes of enemies on two brand new battle arenas and compete with other players on a global leaderboards. Along with brand new levels, Arena Mode introduces new hub, new enemy types, unique Fate Cards and a progress system independent to the campaign.
Fate Cards are modifiers that can change game difficulty and rules to the player’s liking. They increase replayability and accessibility, making the game satisfying for both challenge seekers and casual connoisseurs. Fate Cards modify score multiplier according to the game’s difficulty, allowing ambitious players to reach higher places on the leaderboards.
The Wizards is the second VR game by Carbon Studio from Gliwice, Poland. Game has been released on Steam Early Access on July 28th. Full release came after seven months – on March 8th. The idea behind The Wizards was conceived during VR Funhouse Game Jam, organized by the Epic Games and NVIDIA. During the event, a team from the Carbon Studio created a prototype of a spellcasting game that uses motion controllers. The goal of the game was to defend a land from oncoming hordes of enemies. This basic mechanic, combined with character development and the Fate Cards system, is the core of The Wizards.